Press release published at The Swedish Wire
JANUARY 1 - MARCH 31, 2012
· Net sales for the period amounted to SEK 38.4 M (23.0)
· Profit after tax totaled SEK 4.6 M (1.6) and earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.13 (0.05)
· Operating profit was SEK 6.7 M (2.1)
· Cash flow amounted to SEK 10.9 M (neg: 3.3)
· The first complete version of RayStation® was released in January
· A total of six orders were received for RayStation® from Italy, Canada, Switzerland, Germany and the US
AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
· Two orders for RayStation® were received from South Korea
· Distribution agreement was signed for the Spanish market
"The year has taken off well with several key orders for our proprietary RayStation® treatment planning system during the first quarter. The order from the Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) in Canada was a major breakthrough. PMH has achieved an international reputation as a global leader in the fight against cancer", says Johan Löf CEO of RaySearch.
"Thanks to the strong increase in sales of RayStation®, the revenues rose a full 67 percent to SEK 38.4 M (23.0). This is RaySearch's second highest quarterly sales ever and by far the highest sales level ever recorded for the first quarter", says Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch's products are mainly sold through license agreements with leading partners such as Philips, Nucletron, IBA Dosimetry, Varian, Accuray and Siemens. To date, 15 products have been launched through partners and RaySearch's software is used at over 2,000 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, RaySearch offers the proprietary treatment planning system RayStation® directly to clinics. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President
Tel: +46 (0)8-545 061 30
This information was distributed by Cision