Banner

- - -

JOBS

EXECUTIVE JOBS

INVEST IN STOCKHOLM NEWSLETTER

SWEDISH WIRE NEWSLETTER

EMBASSIES/
CONSULATES
IN SWEDEN

RSS FEEDS

STOCKS

FLIGHTS, HOTELS AND HOLIDAYS

- - -
Investment opportunities

Tips from an insider: Five innovative tech startups

Tips from an insider: Stockholm tech start-ups

5 hot life science firms in Stockholm

Stockholm's top five infrastructure projects

Four Stockholm-based ICT firms to watch

Stockholm pioneers life science research

ICT startups offer investment opportunity

Swedish companies ready for exit

Five med-tech investment opportunities

Six cleantech investment opportunities

- - -
Rankings and surveys

Sweden tops English-language skills ranking

Sweden ranked world's best country to grow old

Swedish passport world's best for travellers

Sweden second best country for mothers

Stockholm climbs in competitiveness rankings

Sweden among best countries to be born

Fortune: 'Stockholm top place for startups'

Sweden tops first global Web Index

Sweden world's second most innovative country

Stockholm world's 6th 'best city'

'Cool Stockholm' most competitive Nordic capital

Sweden has (second) best reputation in the world

Sweden among top in Internet download speed

Sweden scores highest in 'Rule of law index'

Stockholm world's No1 in intellectual capital

Sweden the world's most ICT-competitive country

Sweden great place for moms – but Norway better

Swedes place 4th in English skills ranking

Sweden among top ICT countries

Sweden’s 10 greenest brands

‘Sweden needs to sell itself more’

Sweden overtakes the US in competitiveness

Sweden 10th ‘most admired country globally’

Sweden climbs in 'doing business' ranking

Sweden among world's least corrupt nations

Sweden's mortality rates world's second lowest

Sweden a good place to die – but Britain is best

Children in Sweden have best lives

Sweden the most competitive EU nation

Safe to do business with Swedes

How Sweden became an innovation frontrunner

Nordic countries world's most food-secure

Sweden the world’s best country – politically

Swedish firms among world's top brands

Swedish brands climb in global ranking

Sweden tops government ranking - while US lags 

'Swedish model' outranks 'American dream'  

Sweden among world's least corrupt nations

'Swedish economy is slowing significantly'

Swedish export threatened by safe-haven status
Swedish economy faces great uncertainty in 2012

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, Swedbank said in its latest economic outlook that predicts cold days ahead for the Swedish economy.

Global development
    •    The global recovery is losing steam with the euro zone in a recession and the US only slowly gaining speed. Global growth – estimated at 3.6% last year – was driven by emerging markets. We have revised the growth rate to 3.1% in 2012 and 2013, from October’s 3.6% and 3.7%. 


    •    Global growth relies on the euro zone’s policy response. Our main scenario (55% probability), foresees small steps of progress but high short-term market volatility. A worsening (40% probability) nearly stalls global growth. A euro collapse has a small probability of 5% but with much larger negative growth effects.

Sweden
    •    After strong growth for most of 2011, macroeconomic indicators now suggest that the Swedish economy is slowing significantly. Exports are receding, industrial production is stagnating, and labour market improvements are slowing. 


    •    Growth is revised downwards to 0.6% for 2012 and 1.8% for 2013 as the deepening euro zone crisis will continue to negatively affect the Swedish economy. Worsening sentiments of both households and companies will strain consumption and dampen investments. We expect unemployment to start to rise in 2012, before slowly falling back in 2013, as economic growth picks up moderately.

Estonia
    •    Estonian economic growth was very strong in 2011, supported by better-than-expected export growth, albeit the pickup in domestic demand was solid as well. Strong foreign demand boosted investments and job creation. Rising employment (8% up to third quarter) and wages supported private consumption.


    •    Despite a worse global outlook, Estonia is estimated to grow by 2.7% in 2012 and 4.0% in 2013, fostered by domestic demand – investments are supported by growing public sector and environment-related investments; private consumption by the improving labour market situation and easing inflation.

Latvia
    •    In 2011, economic growth was stronger than expected, boosted by exporting sectors and their investments, as well as by household consumption. We estimate that GDP growth exceeded 5%. The IMF/EC-supported bailout programme was successfully completed in December. 


    •    We are lowering the 2012 growth forecast to 2.0%, as slower growth for the main trading partners will cut into Latvian exports, while weaker confidence will dampen consumption and investments. We anticipate growth to pick up again in 2013, reaching 3.2%. Euro adoption in 2014 is still our main scenario.

Lithuania
    •    Consumption and investments continued fuelling GDP growth last year, when the economy expanded by an estimated 6.3%. Unemployment declined by almost 3 percentage points, but real wage growth was still negative. Annual inflation peaked in May and was 3.4% at the end of 2011. 


    •    Growth will decrease in 2012 and 2013, but the economy is not expected to be in recession. The economy will continue to be driven by domestic demand, especially investments. This year, inflation is expected to decelerate to 2.5% and the budget deficit will contract from more than 5% of GDP in 2011 to 3% in 2012. Uncertainty has increased, but euro adoption in 2014 is still possible.

Swedbank Economic Outlook - January 24, 2012

Last Updated (Wednesday, 25 January 2012 05:46)

 

Latest Jobs for English speakers in Sweden

Banner

Jobs for English speakers in Sweden

Banner
Banner
Most Read Searched  
Banner
Banner
Banner