- - -

JOBS

EXECUTIVE JOBS

INVEST IN STOCKHOLM NEWSLETTER

SWEDISH WIRE NEWSLETTER

EMBASSIES/
CONSULATES
IN SWEDEN

RSS FEEDS

STOCKS

FLIGHTS, HOTELS AND HOLIDAYS

- - -
Investment opportunities

Tips from an insider: Five innovative tech startups

Tips from an insider: Stockholm tech start-ups

5 hot life science firms in Stockholm

Stockholm's top five infrastructure projects

Four Stockholm-based ICT firms to watch

Stockholm pioneers life science research

ICT startups offer investment opportunity

Swedish companies ready for exit

Five med-tech investment opportunities

Six cleantech investment opportunities

- - -
Rankings and surveys

Sweden tops English-language skills ranking

Sweden ranked world's best country to grow old

Swedish passport world's best for travellers

Sweden second best country for mothers

Stockholm climbs in competitiveness rankings

Sweden among best countries to be born

Fortune: 'Stockholm top place for startups'

Sweden tops first global Web Index

Sweden world's second most innovative country

Stockholm world's 6th 'best city'

'Cool Stockholm' most competitive Nordic capital

Sweden has (second) best reputation in the world

Sweden among top in Internet download speed

Sweden scores highest in 'Rule of law index'

Stockholm world's No1 in intellectual capital

Sweden the world's most ICT-competitive country

Sweden great place for moms – but Norway better

Swedes place 4th in English skills ranking

Sweden among top ICT countries

Sweden’s 10 greenest brands

‘Sweden needs to sell itself more’

Sweden overtakes the US in competitiveness

Sweden 10th ‘most admired country globally’

Sweden climbs in 'doing business' ranking

Sweden among world's least corrupt nations

Sweden's mortality rates world's second lowest

Sweden a good place to die – but Britain is best

Children in Sweden have best lives

Sweden the most competitive EU nation

Safe to do business with Swedes

How Sweden became an innovation frontrunner

Nordic countries world's most food-secure

Sweden the world’s best country – politically

Swedish firms among world's top brands

Swedish brands climb in global ranking

Sweden tops government ranking - while US lags 

'Swedish model' outranks 'American dream'  

Sweden among world's least corrupt nations

The Swedish Wire is a media production company that provides high-quality text, image and video content for international clients.

Swedish Match forms worldwide cigars giant

Tobacco company Swedish Match will challenge the world's largest cigar maker in new joint venture.

 Related news:
The genius behind the Wall Street scandals
Swedish politician sells illegal drugs in Brussels
Swedish Match's profit up as snuff sales swell

Swedish Match, tobacco producer founded in 1917 by the “Match-king” Ivar Kreuger,  will form a new global cigar company with Scandinavian Tobacco Group, the company said Friday.

The joint venture will create a company almost as big as the world's largest cigar giant, British Imperial Tobacco.

"This is good for Swedish Match and its stock", a Stockholm-based analyst covering the company stock told The Swedish Wire, adding that the move was not unexpected. "I believe there will be several positive synergies".

Swedish Match rose 4.5 percent in Stockholm on the news. 

Swedish Match will contribute all of its cigar business with the exception of U.S. mass market cigars, as well as its remaining pipe tobacco and accessories businesses to the new company.

Scandinavian Tobacco Group, one of Denmark's largest international companies, will contribute all of its tobacco business, such as cigars, pipe tobacco and fine cut tobacco.

Swedish Match is expected to own 49 percent of the new company and Scandinavian Tobacco Group the remaining 51 percent. Completion of the transaction is subject to due diligence by both parties.

Swedish Match's global operations generated sales of 14,139 million kronor ($2 billion) for the twelve month period ending September 30.

Last Updated (Friday, 15 January 2010 11:05)

 

Latest Jobs for English speakers in Sweden

Banner

Jobs for English speakers in Sweden

Banner
Banner
Most Read Searched  
Banner
Banner
Banner