FIND EXCLUSIVE JOBS FROM €60,000
Hamburger giant in the process of finding buyer to take over the role as main franchiser for Denmark, Norway and Sweden: media report
Skype founder invests in car-sized aircraft: 'This is a really good example of founders who are using deep technology to take on a very big problem'
Niklas Zennström, Skype's cofounder, is backing a company building car-sized aircraft in Germany, called Lilium Aviation.
Music streaming service Spotify says its active monthly user base had grown to 100 million, with some 30 million paying listeners.
Founded in 2006, it’s now the world’s leading music streaming service, with almost three times more listeners than its closest rival, Apple Music. In fact, Spotify has more users than the five largest competitors combined.
Reuters said that the Swedish firm pays more than 80 percent of its revenue to record labels and artists and has not yet shown a profit as it spends to grow internationally. Last year, it made an operating loss of 184.5 million euros ($209 million), widening from 165.1 million in 2014.
- Massive new infrastructure projects in Stockholm
- Stockholm firms lead way on digital health
- 'For an early stage startup, Stockholm is like being a kid in a candy shop'
- Phone operator Telia Sonera buys stake in Spotify and launches innovation partnership
- iZettle launches card reader for Apple Pay
- Nordic power prices could rise, while Vattenfall plans early closure of nuclear reactors
- Ericsson’s surprise profit fall 'temporary hiccup'
- Top 10 clean-tech startups in the Nordics
- Top co-working spaces in Stockholm
- Stockholm ranked Europe’s safest city
- Stockholm’s Karolinska receives huge donation from Hong Kong
- Innovation driven co-working spaces pop up in Stockholm -- list of top spaces
- Fashion brands flock to new creative hub in Stockholm
- Spotify partners with Sony as music streaming battle heats up
- Jay Z challenges Spotify with Tidal streaming
- Volvo’s Chinese parent buys London taxi firm
- Minecraft founder newcomer on Forbes' rich list
- Stockholm a breeding ground for tech billionaires
- Top 10 events Stockholm's 2014 tech scene
- Swedish-Norwegian oil dreams come to an end